E-Mail Setup

Charles K. Lee II chuckx at cold-sun.com
Sat Sep 29 14:00:55 CDT 2001

I'm trying to get an optimum email configuration setup here.

Right now, I'm just using Outlook Express on my Windows 2000 box becuase it
was quick and easy to setup.  What I'd like to do, is get my email setup
nicely on my Linux box.

I already have email functionality on my Linux box. I use Exim as the MTA
(Debian default), mutt as the MUA, fetchmail to query the various POP
servers my mail is on, and I just installed procmail to setup filters
so my mail is organized once it gets to me.  So, I can send and recieve
email fine.

I'd like to find out how to setup different folders to have mail
filtered into (which I guess would be a procmail/mutt issue).

Also, which is the best mailbox format for storing old messages?  What do
you all use?

And lastly, what email clients do you all use?  I'm interested mostly in
non-X clients, since one option I would like is to easily SSH into my box
and use it.

Thanks,

- chuckx - Charles K. Lee II -
- chuckx at cold-sun.com -