spam revisited

mike neuliep mike at illiana.net
Fri Sep 21 14:03:22 CDT 2001

Hello, I am interested in knowning how the list members feel about spam.  I've
been receiving an increasing amount of spam in my personal mail box lately and
I have been looking into something more radical than a merely an access list
of common spammers.  I'm considering a commercial service that works with sendmail
that incrementally downloads an abuse list daily and will reject e-mail from those
domains of known spammers.  This will undoubtedly block many of the large ISP
and free e-mail services too such as hotmail, yahoo-mail and aol.  I am quite
aware that some of our members use these services to post to the group.  I'm
hoping you guys could help me weigh the benefits and pitfalls of such a system.
One thing is for sure though, manual additions to the access database take up
time that I could be doing better things and it is probably not the best solution
to our problem.

Thanks in advance,

	Mike Neuliep