Dial-in RAS

Rohde, Drew drohde01 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Sep 13 19:08:28 CDT 2001

I am trying to set up a Compaq laptop, with it's integrated winmodem, as a
temporary Remote Access Server.
After some heartburn, I think I have the driver working for the modem.  This
is based on the ability to dial out.

Now trying to get it to answer when called, as it will function when done.

Many docs that I have read refer to mgetty, uugetty or just getty.  My 7.1
Red Hat stock 2.4.2-2 only has mingetty and agetty.  My reading leads me to
believe that neither will work properly for dialin.

I added the following line to my inittab, and telinit q, but doesn't answer,
so I expect there is something I have missed:
	di3:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -mt60 38400,19200,9600 ttyLT0 vt100

Any suggestions or examples of working systems would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Drew Rohde
913-890-4167