binary file

Glenn Crocker glenn at netmud.com
Wed Sep 12 15:06:31 CDT 2001

Eric,

Instead of nfs mounting the SCO volume on Linux, you probably need to do an
ssh remote command execution.  ssh isn't easy to set up for this kind of
passwordless interaction, and you may have to use rsh (which is completely
insecure) instead for a variety of reasons.

So if your SCO machine is named 'scobox', your linux machine is named
'linuxbox', and your SCO command is like this:

/usr/local/bin/pcmiler blah parameter foo bar

You'll need to run something like this on your linux box:

ssh scobox /usr/local/bin/pcmiler blah parameter foo bar

Regardless of what else you do, I recommend:

1.  Installing ssh and sshd on both machines.  Other methods of logging in
remotely are insecure.
2.  Figuring out how to do remote commands with ssh (and maybe the insecure
rsh as well)

Hope this helps!

-glenn

Glenn Crocker