binary file

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Wed Sep 12 13:48:16 CDT 2001

Morning Americans,

I'll try to explain this so it makes sense.

On a SCO Unix OpenServer box we have PCMiler software installed.  There is
an executable that you make calls to when running this software that returns
mileage, etc.

The web server runs on RH Linux 6.2.  We need to make requests for mileage
from the Linux web box to the SCO box and then return said mileage
parameters, etc.

I thought I could mount the necessary directories (NFS) on the SCO box to
the Linux box and then we could access and run the necessary programs and
files as if the software was loaded on the Linux box. (yes? is my logic
skewed?)

However, when issuing the commands on the Linux box to run the necessary
program (same as the commands run on the SCO box)  we receive the following:

"/bin/bash:  Unable to execute binary file"

Could someone, anyone clue me as to what is transpiring here??  I am at a
lost.

TIA,

Eric