Software Installs

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Oct 30 16:29:11 CST 2001

Rick,

 First you need to find the applications and where they are. I suggest
pulling up the RPM installer and finding the installed packages, and
then looking at the file list. Then you will need to edit your menus
(option by right clicking on the panel, also somewhere in most menus)
and add new entries for the new programs. Unfortunately, I have yet to
find out how to do this for all installed users all at once. I have had
to go to each user sign-on and add the entries to the menu. Also you
could add them to the desktop by right clicking, and adding a new
application to the desktop. I'm sure you could write a script for it.
There is also a default desktop and menu. Change them if you plan on
installing any new users. This is my single biggest gripe with Linux,
but it isn't a Linux issue, but the installer programs.

Hope this helps,
Brian