Theoretical Samba File Server

Jim Herrmann Jim at itdepends.com
Sun Oct 28 17:48:54 CST 2001

If the Intel hardware isn't enough, there's always Linux on the mainframe.
I/O throughput is what the mainframe is all about.  Of course, that's
assuming your company already has a mainframe.  You probably wouldn't want to
go out and buy a mainframe just for this one project, but it may also
something to consider long term.   Mainframe sales are up 30% over last year.
 Compare that to PC sales.  ;-)

Just my $.02.
Jim