rlogin via modem

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Oct 26 17:23:26 CDT 2001

rlogin is an extremely insecure method to use. I would recommend ssh. I
would add the sshd daemon to the startup process (you should be able to
do this in the RH control center) on the one you want to rlogin to,
problem solved. Dial up, can't help, I know there is a VPN how-to
though. I do know you will need to run pppd as a server (so you'll want
to add that to start up also). then you need to tell pppd to allow
incoming calls. Refer to the VPN Howto:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/VPN-HOWTO-5.html

HTH,
Brian