Swapable Boot Drives

Joshua Bergland josh at mrj412.com
Fri Oct 26 15:34:32 CDT 2001

Swappable hard drives should work great....

As long as you use the drives in the same machine, things are fine...
Nothing about one OS's configuration is saved in the hardware itself, in
fact this is refreshed everytime you use reboot anyway... I would
suggest leaving the system in the non-plug and play os setting...
Windows seems to use it own settings anyway, and it will make your other
os's happy...

Now, there is a problem if you are using a swapable drive in different
machines... Then the os has to reconfigure all the time for the diffrent
deviced... This can be solved in Windows by creating two seperate
'hardware profiles', a concept originally designed for laptops that
could also be in a docking station...

I hope this helps...

Josh Bergland