rlogin via modem

Jeffrey A. McCright jmccright2 at home.com
Fri Oct 26 06:15:10 CDT 2001

I can answer the second part of this. If you are using a hayes compatible
modem (most are) then you will want to set the modem to autoanswer mode. To
do this, you need to run a terminal emulator such as miniterm. Type
+++ATS0=1 and hit enter this will instruct the modem to answer on the first
ring,  +++ATS0=2 to answer on the second ring, etc...  Next, you will want
to save this configuration to non-volatile memory. This is accomplished by
issueing the command   +++AT&W  which saves the configuration to the first
(and default) modem configuration. This will allow you to cycle the power to
the modem without losing the settings. As to setting up a getty on the modem
port, Someone with more experience than I will have to help you with that.

HTH,

Jeff McCright