DNS (Was ISPs)

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at nitckc.usda.gov
Thu Oct 25 16:53:44 CDT 2001

This little bit of info solved my problem.  I started taking a peek at
the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts on my mandrake 8.1 box, and all I had
to do was add the ifup-etho file the line "PEERDNS=yes"

I saw in the ifup script that was the switch that triggered this option,
and changing it there saves me from having to change it everytime I
change or add dhcp related software.  That setting will affect whichever
DHCP client you are using.