And another .NET article

Jim Herrmann Jim at itdepends.com
Thu Oct 25 04:24:18 CDT 2001

Note that this is not for .nyet development, this is for use of .My Nyet
Services for people who want to use the MS server farm.  I read some of the
Slashdot comments today about this.  There was a bunch of confusion about it.
 The development tools are free, or regular price.  The services cost you
though.  I wish they would charge a half a million dollars for each app. That
way very few apps would use it.  The way they have it though, lots of
proprietary software companies will have to pay another microsoft tax, but
they will jump at it just because they follow the leader, just like sheep, or
perhaps cows.  This tax will have to be paid every year, like it or not.
Open source will probably have the ximian thing to use, but then MS will keep
changing the requirements so that it never gets done.  I don't know, it's all
just vapor ware and speculation at this point.  I wouldn't get my knickers in
a bunch over this story.  It's from a different planet than the one the
people on this list are on, or moving to.

Peace,
Jim