ITEC

Rick rsobba at kcnet.com
Wed Oct 24 23:48:24 CDT 2001

First time e-mail and hopefully soon first time meeting attendee,

It seems that people are afraid of the unknown, how about a demo PC with the
latest version of Linux and Star Office 6.0 installed. Also "frown" Microsoft
Office and a few other windows apps lying on top of wine will make Linux look a
little more friendly.
People can be told that just because they switch to Linux does not mean that they
must drop all their window programs. I have no experience with wine but just read
in "Linux Professional" about the ease of installation and the author was able to
run Word 97 without problems. I know Microsoft is a bad word but we can wean them
away slowly, or let them know if they absolutely must use Microsoft then....

Rick Sobba