PAM

D. Hageman dhageman at dracken.com
Wed Oct 24 15:27:33 CDT 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Brian Densmore wrote:

> PAM is installed by default, I think, in RedHat and Mandrake these days.
>
> I know Mandrake uses it, I haven't yet taken the time to explore it yet.

PAM is used by all major distrobutions that I am aware of ... with the
advantages PAM offers it would be silly not to use it (another time on
that perhaps).

> > I'm following the instruction from
> > http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/pam_smb/
> > but it doesnt seem to get installed.
> >
> > Can anyone help me out?

Well, if you are using RedHat, I recommend just installing the pam_smb
that comes with your distrobution.  If you don't, then I recommend you
look download the SRPM and examine how they installed it and it might give
you a clue on how to proceed.

--
||  D. Hageman                    <dhageman at dracken.com>  ||