Installation

Richard Edelman edelman at speedscript.com
Tue Oct 23 14:17:55 CDT 2001

I remember having the same problem a year or two ago when I tried installing
RH6.2. I was using older hardware as well. It seemed to me to be some kind of
silly timeout in RH's install program when accessing the cdrom. I tried
switching out the cdrom with something newer and everything went fine then.
Apparently the cdrom didn't spin up fast enough or something. You might want
to try a newer release of RH, as the installation program has become much
smoother.