ISP's

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Mon Oct 22 16:52:07 CDT 2001

Just had my latest experience with DSL, my sister decided to take the
plunge and had SWBC DSL installed . . . installed is such a subjective
term.  They sent out a box with the modem, a NIC card, and filters for
every phone.  (Yes, the self install kit makes you filter at box(es) intead
of at dmark.   I installed and got her PC up and running (picked up P400
Dell with 10gig and 128mb of memory for a song a dime with 17" monitor).
The install went through with nary a hitch and that was that.   She's on
Win95B system . . . installed firewall and within 20-30 minutes already had
her first blocked intruder.   Jeez!   My parents are looking to do cable
modem . . . so I'll report on their experiences also.  I'm still lovin' my
DSL . . . no problems, fixed IP, no PPPoE crap.   It works.

-- Bradley Miller