Yes, but which AC?

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Mon Oct 22 04:16:36 CDT 2001

I forget the exact choices, but wasn't 2000 watts the base?

Most computers run 200 or 250 watts and the monitors are just a smidge
more.  If you figure 600 watts per machine, that's like 3
computer/monitor machines with a couple hundred watts left over for
laptops.  Note:  this is start up or surge power usage,  typically you
can run more on a circuit if you turn them on one at a time.

(I worked for a local company that had 48 amps of SNA terminal
controllers on a 20 amp circuit  - all daisy chained together on power
strips!  Everything was fine until he booted more than 3 at one time!)

Now if you are going to have a couple of large laser printers and a
funky light show - well, more juice might be a good idea.

BTW, I have 2 well used but just refurbished APC UPS systems that I
would be willing to LOAN to the effort.  I just replaced the batteries
and am going to put them on eBay soon, but I can wait until after the
show if they are needed.

--
At 20, I was liberal, because I had nothing to lose and so much to gain.
by 40, I was conservative, because I had so much to lose and so little to gain.