Linux certification

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Oct 17 20:21:29 CDT 2001

> No, I am proposing that KCLUG be involved
> in a grueling  C e r t i f i c a t i o n   P r e p  course.
> THAT is what I am proposing.
Doh! Sorry, my mistake. Yes, I can see a need for this!

> While the LPI may provide a difficult and relevant exam, I
> am personally one of those people who always tests well
> by exam because I "know how to take exams." Lord
> knows _why_, but it's a fact, and others are like me. Well,
> I don't think people like myself should be receiving
> certification--we should know that material, not simply
> know how to pass the exam. And this is what I'm
> addressing.
I also am very good at taking exams. I'm not sure what you're
point is here. Yes, I'm good at taking exams, but that only
means that at some level I understand the material. I may not
always have the knowledge of a subject in my head, but I know
it when I see it. Which is why I like to keep reference books
nearby, lots and lots of reference books.

A question is only stupid for the first 30 seconds...
but a stupid answer is always stupid,
Brian