[RE: The Linux gods have smiled upon me . . .] ... not me

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Oct 15 14:50:18 CDT 2001

Well, I have my own problem with CUPS. I can print now, pretty good and
most of the time. But some programs won't print at all now, maybe it has
something to do with the fact, that I had to RPM UNINSTALL CUPS to make
printing work right (sorry about shouting, but it's been a h*** of a
weekend).

... and now for something completely different ...
 Any one know of a good way of creating business card sized lists in
Linux? I has Star office and it looks like I can create the business
cards, create a line of "graphic text" and then rotate it. I need the
cards to be printed along the tall side. I had to give up, and install
Winblows on a PC, load the print driver, load "MegaDiskHog" Printmaster,
and then create the cards.
 I am also having problems with my CDRW, it won't read CD's that it
wrote under a different version of Linux! It is a IDE-SCSI drive

Brad, I'm glad the Linux Gods are smiling on you, but now they are
unleashing a conflagration on me!

Down and out in Linuxville,
Brian