Upgrade to Mandrake 8.1

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Oct 10 13:54:20 CDT 2001

My method is to usually create a separate partition for the /home
directories. That way when doing an install I just leave the /home
partition out of the assigned partitions to use. I then modify the
/etc/fstab after done installing to mount the home partition as /home.
If you don't have a separate partition, then I recommend you back up the
/home directory, do the install ( remembering to create a /home
partition for future upgrades) and restore the home directory. One
caveat on this method is top make sure that the user ids and names are
the same between systems. There is more than one "standard" being
applied by the different distros.

JMHO,
Brian