signal 11 at sbin loader

David Rush ky0dr at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 10 13:01:47 CDT 2001

I ran into the dreaded sig11 when installing on a P90 system (I think it
was my P90... altho coulda been my 486 66MHz).
Anyhoo, following the suggestions at the bitwizard site (see below), I
started disabling some of the fancy schmancy motherboard features and the
system has been rock solid ever since.

I think it was one of the caching mechanisms that did it.  Once I turned
off a bunch of things that I didn't have to have, the sig11 went away and I
never looked back.  Perhaps I could play around to get some performance
features back, but to me it's not worth the trouble for that particular
machine.

This particular P90 system has been one of the best computing values I've
ever invested in.  I bought the used motherboard at a swap fest for $35,
added $50 worth of used RAM, and stuck it in a case I already had (took out
a 386 board) with a small hard disk.  After a while I spent $130 or so on a
10 GB disk.  It just sits quietly in the corner and runs (up time is over
180 days now).

David