Why someone has to dethrone MS . . . but Linux???

Cox, Michael michael.cox at honeywell.com
Mon Oct 8 12:35:59 CDT 2001

Mandrake 7.2 will install Samba automagically if the box is to be a
dual-boot (i.e., if Windoze is already there).  Otherwise, you have to tell
it to install Samba during the Expert Install (which makes perfect
sense...what good is Samba without Windoze?).  Jonathan complained that
Mandrake installed linuxconf and webmin without asking; you complain that
Samba *didn't* get installed.  *shrugs*  It just shows ta go ya that you
can't please everyone.

Personally, I do the expert install and ignore the different definitions
(workstation, games, server, etc.) and go to the page that lists all the
available programs.  Then I select what I want installed.  The install
program takes care of picking up all the dependencies, and I know what's on
the machine.

YMMV

--

  .-.          Michael Cox
  /v       Linux user 199542
/(   )  riffraff at linuxgeekz.org
 ^^-^^   - Support Open Source -

http://www4.PetitionOnline.com/rot13/petition.html

Molon labe!

deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin