Why someone has to dethrone MS . . . but Linux???

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Mon Oct 8 05:51:22 CDT 2001

Ok -- Mandrake 7.2 . . . installed months ago on a PC.  I decide that it's
stupid to keep swapping cables on printer when I have that box over there
idle.  No problemo, I'll just install printer there, share it via Samba.
?? hours later and I'm at least able to see it on the freakin' network.
Mandrake 7.2 didn't install Samba . . . no problem, oh wait -- in need
inetd.  No problem, oh wait . . . I need python.  No problem, oh wait I
need libgmp.so.2 . . . where the heck is that?  Oh finally -- it's on the
gmp RPM.  (And gmp is not Gimp!!)   Finally after getting all my ducks in a
row, I have Samba on that PC and at least talking on my network.   Now back
to my printer issues . . . CUPS .  . oh ok, how does that work . . . I'm
floored.   I'm tired and I'm beaten.   MS and the evil gates empire might
not be the greatest, but damn.   Maybe my next PC will be a freakin' Mac
with OS 10 . . .

-- Bradley Miller