Freedom

Steve Johnson sjohnson at commercial-lithographing.com
Tue Nov 20 13:08:54 CST 2001

The interesting thing to me is that it is our "freedom" that has created
this situation that Jim experienced.  If we all had exactly the same
computer mandated by our government, with the same software, same version,
same modem, etc, etc, etc,  there would be no compatibilty type issues, and
there would be no competition so the software would probably all suck, the
hardware would be slow, and we would have no other options.  Someone might
choose (even though they might go to jail) to write a new operating system
and give it away just to make the lives of those using the government system
better.  However, even though it was the greatest thing in the world,
because it was not 100% compatible with the government mandated systems, you
would still have to dual boot...

sj