And now for something completely different ...

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Nov 19 19:53:52 CST 2001

I have been reading about this new script language Ruby. It looks really
cool, but I have a few questions (which would be relevant to Perl|Python
also. It allows regular expressions. My concerns on this are, how can I
use such a language and protect myself from nasty little blue meanies
bent on destroying my computer. Say I have an online comments entry web
page. How do I protect myself from some kid typing in a regular
expression that resolves to say "rm -rf /".

Brian Densmore
Associate
mailto:densmoreb at ctbsonline.com
CompuTech Business Solutions, Inc.