One other question -- perhaps a Windows problem?

jim jim at jimani.com
Mon Nov 19 17:15:39 CST 2001

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 10:35:12AM -0600, Bradley Miller wrote:
> You know, I have my NT box working perfect for printing, but I haven't got
> any of my Win9x boxes to hook up and print from my little Samba print
> share.  I never get a chance to select my username, it just comes up with
> IPC$ (I think . . . ).   Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or how to
> get around the problem?

I don't know!  But the O'Reilly Samba book says that this happens when Samba
did not accept the password that was sent from the client.  "the username
the password that were created on the client side *must* match the
username/password combination on the Samba server".

You could always turn on logging in the smb.conf file and see what clues
that gives.

   [global]
      log level = <1-3>
      log file  = <some file>