Kernel Security update

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Wed Nov 14 20:41:21 CST 2001

Well it appears "make install" does everything "make" does and then runs
/sbin/installkernel afterwards. So I guess doing a "make" and a "make install"
are somewhat redundant.

make modules_install copies the modules to /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/

Standard practice is to copy the new kernel image over to the /boot partition
and then  build the kernel modules and install them. However, I'm sure you could
do it however you like, I doubt it makes any difference.

-Jeremy