Galeon is sweeet

Jim Herrmann Jim at itdepends.com
Wed Nov 14 07:03:21 CST 2001

Somebody at a meeting turned me on to iceWM for boxes with limited capacity.
I like Galeon and Kmail also.  I still use Konqueror for some stuff, but I
use Galeon for my surfing.  I agree that it's quick.  It hangs on me
sometimes, though, and I have to use xkill.  Perhaps it wouldn't do that
under a different WM?

Was your mail on Win98 in Netscape?  If so, you can copy the Netscape mail
files directly into the ~/mail directory, and KMail should pick them up.  No
conversion required.  It seems like if you have a complex directory structure
in which you file your mail, it works out a little flakey, but with some
tweaking and mucking around, you'll be able to get it to work.

HTH,
Jim Herrmann