Re: Sony Tape Drive

Richard Meeker rmeeker at kc.rr.com
Tue Nov 13 19:53:16 CST 2001

The best way from the command line would be to use tar.  Try something like
"tar cvfz <filename or directory> /dev/rmt0".  This should put the files on
tape with gzip compression.

I've never done this before with a tape drive, so best of luck to you.  I'm
sure that someone in this LUG knows tar better than I do also :).

--
Richard Meeker
(rmeeker at kc.rr.com)