Compaq is slow

Chris Midkiff chris at datacaptech.com
Tue Nov 13 19:50:50 CST 2001

I run 'Drake 8.0 on a HP laptop 600 celery with 196mb PC100 SDram...
Processor speed isn't that much different from yours, and this one runs
alright.  What are you running?   Could be the 64mb Ram is the culprit.
Could be other things, though.  Low on swap, perhaps?

Take a look at:
cat /proc/cpuinfo
cat /proc/meminfo
cat /proc/loadavg

for some ideas.  Also, you might check the x config.  Laptop video drivers
are highly suspect.

Anyone know what kernel RHat 7.1 came with?

Chris Midkiff