Exceed

Richard Meeker rmeeker at kc.rr.com
Sun Nov 11 02:18:27 CST 2001

The security models for Redhat and Mandrake have changed somewhat.  I
believe that they have, by default, setup XDMCP to use SSH.  However, it
seems that I can't even run an X app on Exceed without using XDMCP.  I'm
still hacking around to see if I can find an answer.  Unfortunately, I
have a feeling that Exceed has been rendered totally useless as far as
connecting with XDMCP as Exceed does not support SSH.

For anyone else in the group, I have successfully used Exceed with all
prior versions of Redhat and Mandrake.  I use Mandrake 8.1 and also
wasn't too happy that Exceed would no longer work.  Also, it seems that
Redhat and Mandrake weren't very good about documenting their change - I
guess they pulled a real Microsoft.