Dialup Firewall/router

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at nitckc.usda.gov
Tue Nov 6 23:15:13 CST 2001

On Tue, Nov ,  at 04:30:09PM -0600, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> [...]
With all of the things I do, dial-up is too slow for just me.  The idea I
proposed is for a best case when having to use dial-up.  I recommend
having mail and squid on the box, so that the traffic over the dial-up
line would be reduced to a mimumum.  Squid would cache files, and the
mail server would collect the mail, so that 5 or more users aren't each
checking every 1-10 minutes.  You could have fetchmail do the job once
every so often, and generate less overall traffic.

--
  _ _  _