Upgrade to 2.4 kernal with Redhat

Kent Miller cupajavaman at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 6 00:40:49 CST 2001

I am currently running Redhat 7.0 which uses the 2.2 kernel. I would like to upgrade to kernel 2.4
for the iptables capability in this kernel. Overlaying my existing linux system is not a big issue.
I have just been using it to learn linux. What is the easiest way to upgrade my system to the 2.4
kernel. Just getting a full Redhat 7.1 or 7.2 distro on CD and reloading from scratch? Download the
boot.img from Redhat for the 2.4 kernal? What compatibility issues would I be looking at?
Suggestions from those who have been there done that would be greatly appreciated.

THX,

Kent Miller