Disk Utilization

Nathan nate.lists at we-communicate.com
Fri Nov 2 17:31:35 CST 2001

Brian/List,

I took your suggestions and was double checking them when I found my problem. I've linked
/var/logs/apache to /usr/local/apache/logs. So, where I initially thought everything should be
static, I was wrong. I'm in the process of pulling 500 meg of apache logs off the server.

Speaking of security, I know there's been a thread recently about patching Redhat distros. For the
new admin, it can be a bit daunting trying to figure out where to start. Of all the updated
packages on Redhat's site, how do I determine which ones I should download and install? I don't
want to add new packages to the server (there's already too much installed) but I haven't patched
anything, and I know my RH 7 needs attention.

Nathan