SSH install info

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Nov 2 14:56:47 CST 2001

Some people do everything the hard way. ;)

Installed sshd on Linux server, select ssh packages during install of
Linux. (time ~10 sec.)
Installed SSL on Linux server, selected SSL during install. (time ~10
sec.)
Installed ssh on Linux client. Put in CD, installed RPM. (time ~2 min.)

configured SSL on server. (time ~30 min. - created keys, created
certificates, configured apache, read documentation, restarted apache)

Installed ssh on Windows.
Pulled down freeware ssh client. Didn't work.
Pulled down another freeware ssh client. Didn't work.
Pulled down a shareware ssh client. Gave error message. Change protocol,
try again, get error message. Enable emulate ssh2 bug. Oh now it works!
(time ~45 min)

Installed SSL on a client box? Why?