Accounting packages

Prof. Jerry Place place at modeling.cstp.umkc.edu
Fri Mar 30 20:44:58 CST 2001

Bradley:

   Sam's is selling a HP system with a 1.4 GHz processor, 80 Gb IDE
disk, CD/RW, 19'' monitor for about $2400.  $10K for a system these days
indicates that it must be quite powerful -- perhaps a multi-processor
with SCSI Raid, etc., however, HP makes great gear.

   $20-25K for an accounting package also seems quite high but it
depends on whether what you're getting.

   Is this to be a data server, application server or both and how many
concurrent clients must be supported?  If you'd present a little more
information, perhaps we could give you a little better evaluation.

					Regards,

					-- Jerry Place
					-- CSTP