Parts for projects

Tony Hammitt tony at speedscript.com
Thu Mar 29 20:02:25 CST 2001

Hi All,

Following Brian's suggestion, I went to the Computer Outlet at 7803 Quivira
(Is that in Lenexa? Heck I don't know).  It's located in a little strip mall on the
East side of Quivira, on the South side of the parking lot.  They have quite a
good selection there of recently retired corporate computers.  Things ranged
from a 486 minitower for about $20 to a relatively nice PII laptop for $500.
They also had a couple of HP servers with multiple hot-swap USCSI drives for
$400.  In addition, they have lots of parts, like ethernet cards for $5.  Most of
the stuff doesn't come with any OS, so it's just ripe for Linux.  Most of their
stuff was under $250.

I guess it's similar to the Computer Garage except the prices are better as is
 the selection.  What they have in the store is described as a 'representative
sample' of what they have in their warehouse.  I asked if they had any ESDI
stuff for you Hal...

So Jerry, here's your chance to go get that Beowolf cluster stuff.  =-]

I really think that we should drop off some promotional material for the LUG
including business cards and printed distribution disks.  People were in there
lamenting the lack of an OS, but I didn't have any suitable media with me.

So there's my review.  I'd recommend going there to pick up parts for Intel boxes.

Have a nice day,

    Tony