Jobs?

Tony Hammitt tony at speedscript.com
Wed Mar 28 19:44:24 CST 2001

OK, fine.  Sometimes it's hard to spell with this carpal tunnel syndrome.

OK, fine.  Some people can get a decent job from going to DeVry.com.

In all my experience with 8 years of college at a University, I never once had a technical subject
taught by anyone junior to an
Associate Professor with a PhD.  My only unprofessional teachers were in English and Art.  Try
saying that about DeVry.com.  Try
having world renowned scientists drop by your lab and give you a few pointers (which happened more
than once).  I think I paid about
$25000 for the first five years of ISU (total), after that they paid me to go there.  This was
between 1989 and 1997.

Jared, I'd recommend that you try to get a job as an undergraduate research assistant at a
University.  It meets your salary
requirements and will be more interesting than repairing computers for BestBuy.  Universities are
also a good place to show off your
Linux skills, they are very friendly about Open Source software.

Later,

        Tony Hammitt