Uh-oh...

Mike Coleman mkc at mathdogs.com
Fri Mar 23 17:43:33 CST 2001

"Jonathan Hutchins, Rune Webmaster" <hutchins at therune.com> writes:
> I've had pretty good luck with a policy that users aren't allowed to install
> executable programs on their PC's.

Now, if you can keep admins and manufacturers from installing executable
programs, you'll be all set.  ;-)

> It helps that we run NT, and users don't have administrative rights, so a
> lot of stuff just won't install, but I think it's their cooperation more
> than anything that helps.

I worked on a desktop NT box set up like this once and found the experience
fairly maddening.  I recall trying to change the size of my fonts on the
control panel and being unable to do so without admin privs.  Grrrrr...

--Mike

Mike Coleman, mkc at mathdogs.com
  http://www.mathdogs.com -- problem solving, expert software development