Uh-oh...

Duston, Hal hdusto01 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri Mar 23 17:05:23 CST 2001

The only problem here is defining an "executable program".

I doubt you restrict users from installing Word Documents
(.doc), and Excel Spreadsheets (.xls).  Yet these can be
and "executable program".  Etc.  I don't know what the
answer is.  You can basically restrict things so that the
user doesn't damage the basic system, but that is
generally the easiest part to recover.  The things that
they will always be able to damage are the things that
they need to have access to change.

Hal

Jonathan Hutchins, Rune Webmaster [hutchins at therune.com] wrote:
> I've had pretty good luck with a policy that users aren't
> allowed to install executable programs on their PC's
--SNIP--