Samba

jared jared at mail.ru
Thu Mar 22 22:19:43 CST 2001

I have a debian linux box connected to my win2k machine and I want to have the linux computer mount
win2k at boot.

I have been doing this manually by the command "mount -t smbfs "\hostnamesharedfolder" /mountpoint"
I am then prompted for a password.  (Note: to get to this point i had to make user "root" on the
win2k system and am mounting from root.  the password is for the "root" user on the win2k machine)

Here is my question.  Is there any way to edit /etc/fstab to do this on boot and enter the password
without any user interaction?
Thanks for all of your help!  This LUG has helped me hold my interest in linux in the past weeks
problem after problem :)

Jared