Off Topic - Novell Contractor Needed

Franklin, Joel JDFranklin at moheck.com
Thu Mar 22 19:01:16 CST 2001

Jonathan said:
> You can cite all sorts of articles and press releases that say how great
it
> is, but the fact is that corporate America has found the same thing I
found
> in direct field experience: Novel just doesn't work in a modern
environment.

Gotta agree with Jonathan and Hal here. I've had a TERRIBLE morning. The
root of my problems was a software upgrade that a department head here
ordered. (It was deployed before I had any responsibility for it.) Now it
turns out that the software in question is beta-quality and not yet ready
for general distribution. The vendor has shipped twelve copies of it - only
to current customers and only upon request.

I will be speaking to this department head to let him know that newer
doesn't always mean better. Novel just doesn't work in a modern environment.

/me ducks and runs