Linux Distro help.

T. Margrave margrave at usa.net
Wed Mar 7 03:22:37 CST 2001

Ok this is a two part question.

part 1

Since I have taken my new job  I have not been able to get back into Linux.
My new company MIS will not allow me install Linux on my Dell Laptop. So
here is the real question: a few months ago I saw a boot CD that ran Linux
off of it.  All I had to do is boot Linux CD and it would run off of the CD.
I do not remember much from there.
The only reason MIS does not want me to install it is because they are
uninformed about it.

Part 2.

I have ran into a fellow employee in NYC, NY and he wants to try Linux but,
he has a Mac.  He has ask me where to find a good distro for the Mac.  I
know very little about a Mac (even spelling it skips my mind).  Does anybody
have any suggestion about this?

Please send replies to my work email address since I do not check the list
while I am on the road. ( tmargrave at starbase.com )

Thanks

Tom Margrave