what happened to everyone?

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Mar 6 17:51:54 CST 2001

> >   1. My 3com 3c905b (vortex) isn't coming up in 100MB mode.
>
> What's your distribution?  Do you have some helpful hardware
> config program
> like linuxconf that's over-riding your setup?
Mandrake 7.0, yes (sigh) linuxconf runs on startup (I've been afraid to
remove it, I don't like messing with production machines that are mostly
working). Part of Mandrake's default setup, but I saw nothing in linuxconf
about hardware setup.

> >   2. My mail server doesn't seem to be getting mail from
> Yahoo or AOL ...
>
> What's the message they're being bounced with?  What software are you
> running for your mail server?
"Sorry couldn't find a mail exchanger or ip address" or
"Sorry couldn't find any host by that name"
I'm running sendmail, and it takes mail from my other accounts on "small
independent" ISPs.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Densmore <mailto:DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com>