what happened to everyone?

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Mar 6 14:03:39 CST 2001

Well, since it is so quiet, maybe someone can help me figure out a couple of
problems I am having.

  1. My 3com 3c905b (vortex) isn't coming up in 100MB mode. I set the
configuration on it 100MB full duplex (I thin'), but it is staying in 10MB
half duplex mode. Anybody have one? I put the commands in the conf.modules
file and for some reason have to now force a insmod in the network init
script to get the card working. Am I missing something here?

  2. My mail server doesn't seem to be getting mail from Yahoo or AOL
(possibly others). All mail sent from these servers gets returned. The
domain is registered through Network Solutions and has been for some time
(several months). How do I make these people recognize my address? A simple
lookup reveals the address of the website, and the name servers. Querying
the name servers returns the mail server address? What gives?

Best Regards,
Brian

my conf.modules file
alias eth0 3c90x
options 3c90x media_select=5 full_duplex=1

P.S. the card is pci
no errors in dmesg or logs. There is a SIOCADDRT (or something like that)
error on screen when it boots, but nothing in the log. I don't recall what
it was, something about a bad option. It is most likely related to the
options line, but I got that line from the 3c59x faq.

Brian Densmore <mailto:DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com>

Associate
Computech Business Solutions <http://www.ctbsonline.com>
voice: (816) 880-0988