Perl Puzzles [RESULTS]

Mike Coleman mkc at mathdogs.com
Tue Jun 19 01:37:09 CDT 2001

I said that I would post the results from the feedback I received on the Perl
Puzzles, so here they are.

I received one very complete set of answers from one individual who was
clearly a knowledgeable Perl programmer.  My impression was that he/she didn't
consult the key before sending them to me.  Scoring his/her answers strictly,
I believe he/she got eight correct.  (He/she also demonstrated Perl knowledge
on a number of the other questions, but missed the key detail or trick on
those.)  I consider eight to be outstanding--I didn't think anyone would score
this high.

I also received one hearsay report of another knowledgeable Perl programmer
who got about half correct (presumably this was self-scored).

That's all.  I'm tempted to draw some conclusions, but I won't if you don't.
:-)

--Mike

(The web log report says the puzzles have been hit 115 times and the key 64
times.)

--
Mike Coleman, mkc at mathdogs.com                                      Windows XP
http://www.mathdogs.com                                               Linux :)