Comcast & VPN - with NAT Router?]]

The Hoelschers mohoel at telocity.com
Fri Jun 15 17:57:20 CDT 2001

Is it me?  I have sent this (basic) message a couple of times, but not
getting it from the list.  I got a dump a little while ago, so thought
the list might have been "stuck" for a while, but when a bunch came
through, mine was not there....  Again, sorry if this shows up more than
once...

------------------

Sorry if this shows up twice, I never received it on the list....

----------------

O.K., I know that the "acceptable use" policy says no-go using a VPN
client with Comcast "home" cable modem access.  I know if they detect
you using a VPN they will cancel/re-assess you as a "business" grade
(although the local rep says they don't know how much to charge for that
since they aren't officially offering it here yet!).

The question on the table is this;  If I am running Comcast cable as a
normal home-use, single dynamic IP user, but I'm using a NAT router
between the cable modem and my PC('s), and one of my PC's is using VPN
to access the corporate network, is that undetectable?

A guy I know has been doing it three months so is telling everyone that
with a NAT router, it's undetectable.  I say it's still detectable,
Comcast just hasn't noticed him yet. Who's right?  Does anyone know for
sure?

Thanks -

Chris.

--
Check it out!  Special rates with Qwest!  And No Minimum!
http://qwesteferral.com/r.jsp?a=mH.n.Je1IMRfVU541Lz2HA$$&x