Running a script from a web page

randy at randyrathbun.org randy at randyrathbun.org
Thu Jun 7 17:54:45 CDT 2001

Very easy to do...

Make your script and drop it in whatever directory, then just call it
through a browser, such as http://mysite.org/myscript would call the
script myscript located in the root directory of the web server. You will
need execute permission on the file, and make sure it is read only too.

One thing I might add is that if you are wanting to call a PHP script to
do this, you need to go in to the PHP conf file and find the PHP safe
variable (or something like that) and turn it off. But just calling a
nermal script or program in this fashion is no big deal.

Randy Rathbun, NV0U                      randy at randyrathbun.org
nv0u at arrl.net       Elecraft K2 #1981 ARS #895  QRP-ARCI #10776
http://randyrathbun.org http://quitequitefantastic.org
http://astrodot.org

Vini, vidi, Linux!
         -- Unknown source

Intel engineering seem to have misheard Intel marketing strategy.  The
phrase was "Divide and conquer" not "Divide and cock up"
         -- Alan Cox, iialan at www.linux.org.uk