Running a script from a web page

Tony Hammitt tony at speedscript.com
Thu Jun 7 17:11:13 CDT 2001

It's actually pretty easy to do what you're asking from PHP or presumably
mod_perl.  But it may be easier to store your flags themselves in a
small database table and keep track of statuses that way.  Either way
will work, but going with an abstract interface like a database is much
more flexible.

What server-side scripting language do you use?  Here are some good PHP
links for your original question:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.filesystem.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.unlink.php

and some MySQL database things:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-query.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-fetch-row.php
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/

HTH,

	Tony

P.S. Great meeting last night, many thanks to Hal for the presentation
on TCP/IP!