Hardware

jared jared at mail.ru
Sun Jun 3 09:46:09 CDT 2001

OK, I am going to work on building myself a semi-up-to-date linux system.  What I'm asking from you
guys is for a few suggestions on hardware to buy.  Here is what I want:

1.  A motherboard that does NOT suport plug-n-play and is  good for linux-only systems
2.  A processor that is 500MHz or faster..
3.  A basic video card 8MB video ram and will do at least 1024x768 at 24bpp
4.  A sound card that runs well on linux

If anyone has specific hardware suggestions please respond.. I want to buy a nice hardware
combination so that basic distro (debian) installs go nice and smoothly :)

Jared